Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sleepless nights = great reads


For the last few days, because I have been sick, I have either not slept at all because I coughed myself awake or my head hurt so much that I couldn't get restful and relaxed enough to gently drift off. So I decided to listen to a great book on my Audible app. I had started the Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly yesterday but continued listening, and am still listening as I write this blog post. I thought I wouldn't like this book, because I am not really a person who listens or reads mysteries that much. Sure in the past I loved mysteries, but in the last few years I have gotten into fantasy and period pieces more than mysteries.

I have to say this book has been a pleasant surprise, I wont give it away, but after the first chapter the book captures you, and you get into the plot twists and turns so much that you find yourself wondering how in the world Mic will ever get himself out of the mess he created by his lax 2 years prior and now turning full circle on him with a new client.

The writer has captured not only my imagination, but also my curiosity for the life of defense lawyers and their clients. The Narrator Adam Grupper could have done a better job on the narrative, as he is nearly a bit monotone at times, I feel like he is my first grade teacher reading a book to me that she/he had no real interest in. I have decided to buy the soft cover of this book to see how it reads without a narrator, as the book itself has great writing, Grupper just takes away from the wordsmithing a bit.


Happy Holidays! Download a FREE audiobook today!

No comments:

Post a Comment